All the wisdom in one sentence

Over time, I've read various stories and accounts of people (in various cultures, at various points of history) who set upon themselves the task to compress "all the wisdom in the universe (and beyond)" into a single page of text, sentence, a letter, or even just a colon.
I liked this idea, and over time, I 'collected' some short sentences (or a small number of short sentences) that I found at various places, that, to me, explain everything, the universe, the meaning of life, and so on (or at least most of it).
This doesn't imply *I* know everything, or even the meaning of life - just that, to me, these collected sentences represent the things I mentioned.

This list will probably be amended over time.
But here we go:

"Well… There’s a vast network, right? An ocean of possibilities. I like dogs. I used to raise rabbits. I’ve always loved animals. Their nature. How they think. I have seen dogs reason their way out of problems. Watched them think through the trickiest situations." - Freddie Howard, Inland Empire (actually by David Lynch)

"Purity died with the angels of passion" - Gary Numan, Prophecy

"One cold damp evening, the world stood still" - The Chameleons, Second Skin

"You can heal yourself by embracing your own sickness" - Low Entropy

"You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Be free with your tempo, be free, be free
Surrender your ego, be free, be free to yourself" - Queen, Innuendo

"Like every city needs a distance, every sky demands a moon
Every winter needs a snowfall, every summer wants a June
Money's just a piece of paper, gold is blinding, don't you see?
Fame is just our own illusion of what life is meant to be
But I don't need a perfect mirror, I don't care for queens and kings
We are free and we are perfect when Lady Stardust sings" - Lisa Miskovsky, Lady Stardust

"The sky is still blue
The clouds come and go
Yet something is different
Are we falling in love?" - Julee Cruise, Falling

"It's strange what love does" - David Lynch, Ghost of Love

"No better you than the you that you are
No better life than the life we're living" - Alessia Cara, Scars to Your Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment