My Looks


I put a lot of dedication and effort into how I look, and am very deliberate about which pics of me I post and which not. How I look now is more or less the result of life-long dedication. The reason for this is that I hate, hate the "beauty standard" and try to look uninteresting / uninspiring, nerdy / bookwormish, freaky / outcastish. I want to be liked for my "inner values", not some outward appearance.
Now some would say "Ha ha, you look ugly and would look ugly even if you tried to change that", but I could live more healthy and different, go to the gym, loose weight, shave my head to make "bald spots" less prominent, eat less sugary food, don't be sleep deprived all the time and live without the blinds closed all days, and look maybe somewhat better / more healthy / more alive, but I couldn't care less about that.
The second reason is that I like the concept of American comics, being not shiny in real life with a secret life in which one does better; which for me translates into being a nobody in real life and putting some effort and getting some results in the world of music at the same time, and while I maybe didn't succeed with the latter, I did with the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment