My Anti-Intellectual Art

now that i got rid of my anti-intellectualism, i can discloure the methods by which i made music and art in the last years. i tried to be completely anti-intellectual, - or rather as anti-intellectual as i could be - in my art. to get rid of logic, thought, rationality, mind, intellect, cognitivity and intelligence in my art, and instead base it purely on instinct, emotion, feelings, improvisation, subconsciousness, motion and sense.
i tried to reduce intellectual ways of doing art as much as i could - or rather, as much as it was 'sensible'.
i tried to reduce reflection and thinking. i called this concept by the name of "no second thoughts". which means, that if i worked on a track, i would use the *first* concept, idea, structure that came to my mind. and never change it at all. even this was still much to "mindful" to me, this is why i tried methods that did not involve the mind at all. such as "blindly" sequencing and editing the music tracks. there was many and plenty of other methods i designed to reduce "intelligence" from my tracks. as i said, i wanted to base it solely on emotion, instinct and things like this.
as you might suspect, this didn't really work out in the end, and my tracks turned more complex and "thought out" than before. still, i tried to put a big deal of emotion into my tracks. i'm not to tell if i succeeded.
as i know now, this was of course the completely wrong way to go with art. yet it is interesting how much energy i actually put into this project, and it might be interesting for people to see an anti-intellectual approach on art, that is based on feelings and emotions.

this anti-intellectual period of my music spans three years from the end of 2010 to the end of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment