Hardcore Saved My Life

lately, other artists have posted about their mental or personal problems and their past, so i thought i should do it to.

hardcore literally saved my life.
when i was a kid, i was subjected to bullying. there was a group of other kids that brought knives and other weapons to school. one of their favorite things was to stage "fake executions" with me. for example, they would corner me, and then approach with the knife and make a motion as if they would stab me, and just stop short of my body.
they also beat me, kicked me and strangled me. when they didn't have any weapon, they threatened to just beat my to death or beat me to a cripple.
of course, i was aware that this might as well be hollow threats, trying to impress their peers with that kind of talk and behavior. but to me, they were psycho enough to actually do these things. also they encouraged each other when doing these kind of things, and i feared one of them would snap and turn that threat into reality. and there could just be an accident; the kid wants to fake stab me, but accidentally stabs me for real.
now, i was not very tough as a kid. i was more a nerdy person. so this was really a problem for me. i developed mortal fear and anxiety. and the anxiety started to spill into other areas of life too, not just school.
and i didn't know what to do or how to solve that situation. this is when hardcore entered my life. when listening to tracks like Extreme Terror and other speedcore, it seemed to me that music had that same sensation of "mortal terror" that i experienced at school, but in a lesser degree.
it allowed me to get into a controlled situation regarding that fear. i could listen to hardcore and get used to these feeling and just stop it at will by turning off the CD player. this way, i slowly got used to my anxiety problem and and learned to deal with it, and learned to handle it.
hardcore generally toughened me and got me more self-esteem and control and slowly taught me to take on these problems.

so, in the end, i owe a lot to hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment