The Trap

I said everything in this world is a trap; and the trap always works the same way.
I will talk about my personal trap, because that is the trap I know best.
When I got records out, and played at parties and did other things, I got to know a lot of people of course. And almost all of them told me the same thing: "give up this idea of an anarchist revolution through music! We can still have parties and lots of fun and good times and enjoy it and the music will continue, but get rid of this anarchist idea." the meaning behind this is clear: to give up an ideal or dream for selfish, material gain. But this is of course wrong. A revolution triggered by music, or any form of art or even books is indeed possible. And anarchism is indeed possible.
So don't fall for such traps. Don't trade in your ideal, dream or vision in order to gain something in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment