Idealist

It's tough being an anarchist in a scene that is so full of reactionaries and conservatism as the Hardcore scene - but it's even worse to be an idealist when the scene is composed of "Hardcore materialists". I believe in the existence of absolute, unchanging truth, true, eternal love and pure, honest good (the philosophy of idealism) (and to avoid accusations of narcissism and ego - I don't believe these things necessarily fill me up - as a meek human I have my "sinful" parts too) - but the ideology of (philosophical) materialism is against these simple but important facts... even mentioning them accounts to blasphemy to the materialist worldview... and everyone I meet tries to talk me out of it, instead advertising fake pluralism and fake nihilism ("everyone has his own truth", "we don't really know anything for certain" and similar silly statements). Really a never-ending struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment