Idle Time

How did I write so many tracks? Easy: I gave up the idea of idle time. I do spend a lot of my free time on working on music; and there is free time left; but I don't - or very rarely - idle. I know I can't work on music using all my free time without burning out (or rather, burning out more than usual 😉) so in order to balance this a bit I plan to have free time to watch a movie or read a book, but it's all planned. For examples, two hours working on tracks then two hours watching a movie. My days unfold according to a specific order. I rarely arrive at a point where I have nothing planned or don't know what to do. Because that was the major time eater until recently. For example, in the evening I would chat a bit and listen to music and do this and that, just getting dragged along by activities and just losing minute after minute, even hour after hour. Stopping this "lazy behavior" gave me time to properly work on music.
In the past I used to really work on music all weekend basically, but nowadays I'm more balanced and often the "planned recreation time" outdoes the art activity time.
But idleness has been banned to most part and my activities are more ordered now, with, I think, a better output.
Why did I do all this? Well, if you want to start a revolution by art, you gotta show some dedication. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment