On My Music

i found that music, and art, can often be reduced to a few core ideas that have driven the artist, when one analyses and reduces it. for my music, there were always some ideas that were stronger than the rest.
one of them was to combine techno music with the avantgarde. i will use the term "techno" in this text, instead of 'electronic dance music', as this is closer to my intentions.
i loved techno. and i loved avantgarde it. so i was happy to get to know music by a few artists, who two had these same interest in music. this convinced me, that this was a viable road to go on.
yet, the questions, is how to combine the two? as most people would think these are irreconcilable. 'serious' artists sneered at techno music; and a lot of techno enthusiasts had no interest in avantgarde music and art.
also, the main problem was, that i wanted to really fuse, mend them together. if i hadn't had this goal, my task would've become easier. i could have just added techno samples to an avantgarde piece, or the other way round. or create some art that has merely references to the 'techno culture'.
i wanted to make music that was really techno, music to dance to, to go wild too. but at the same time avantgarade, music for the mind, to ponder on.
for the first years, in my task, i tried to create avantgarde pieces of music, with a big nod to movie score music and dark ambient; and fuse them with hardcore dance beats. yes, that sounds a bit - unlikely. but i tried my best to succeed, and saw no reason why i should fail. again, i tried not do to merely "avantgarde with added beat".
then my music got exceedingly complex and complicated, and i felt it was slipping through my hands, as to me it was losing it's power. so i eventually turned it the other way round. creating techno tracks, with techno structures, and anything techno about them, but with avantgarde concepts and sounds.
again, eventually i felt this road was over, so now i try to combine both these concepts together.
this was my wish; to fuse avantgarde and techno; and i hope to see more projects and artists like this in the future.

examples of this music:

first phase: my track "the truth"
second phase: "fourth uprising"
third phase: "glowing cuboids"



No comments:

Post a Comment