My Music: Internet

My music activity is "internet only" for circumstances beyond my control that I've already talked a lot about in the past. But I must say I don't think this limitation is entirely bad. When I started being involved in the music scene I was influenced a lot by Hakim Bey. He was very anti-technology and especially anti-internet, and this influenced my activities. I was involved in the Hamburg Hardcore for the very reason at this point terrestrial radio was already an outdated technology, and that radio was not the internet. Same goes the All-Out Demolition! parties - parties in the real world where real people can meet and are not mediated on a computer network. Or the Auditivsex fanzine; real paper, real listeners, something you can touch and is not just ones and zeros.
In the end in that period I used the internet a lot too, though, but I always tried to focus on the real world, meeting real people, eye to eye, real world locations, etc.
This concept turned around for me in 2014. I suddenly saw the possibilites of the internet and realised it is much better to do something on the internet than in the "real world". Because the internet is abstract, information, aimed at the mind; not something tangible and in the flesh, aimed at the senses and the physical body.
So I realized that computer and internet activity is superior to real world events; and finally saw the possibilites and opportunities in this area.
And I did not regret it since ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment